To Request Repeat Prescriptions
We do not accept requests for prescriptions over the telephone for safety reasons. Repeat prescriptions may be ordered by:
- Use our secure online service - SystmOnline.
- Drop the request slip off at the surgery (there is a mail box for when we are closed)
- Post the request to the surgery
- Several of the local pharmacies offer a 'one stop service'; they will order and collect your prescription from us, then dispense your medication ready for you to collect from the pharmacy.
Please click here for information about registering for SystmOnline.
To Collect Your Prescription
Please allow two working days for your prescription request to be processed by the surgery. Prescriptions may be:
- Collected directly from the surgery during normal opening hours (Monday - Friday; 8:00am - 6:30pm)
- Posted to you if you include an stamped, addressed envelope with your request
- Collected by a pharmacy of your choice; let us know and we can arrange for this for you. Please remember to ask the pharmacy how much additional time they need to dispense the medication after receipt of the prescription.
Please allow a week for your prescription if you are collecting from a pharmacy.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
Click on the link below for more information about exemptions:
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.35
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £108.10
- 3-month PPC: £30.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.