Due to the rapidly increasing infection rates caused by the Omicron variant we kindly request our patients to adhere the following guidelines.
- All patients must wear a mask in the surgery unless proven to be medically exempt.
- All patients are requested to have a same day negative lateral flow test before attending the surgery for an appointment
- All our face to face appointments are being converted to telephone slots except whether the clinician deems it necessary for a patient to be seen in person
Following the Government’s request for General Practice to stop providing non-urgent and non-emergency care to support the national COVID-19 vaccination programme some of our staff have been deployed to support the Covid booster effort. Due to reduced clinical capacity we would ask patients to defer some routine or non-urgent requests until the New Year. However, if you have a clinical concern which you think is urgent please contact the surgery
People in England who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 can use the NHS COVID Pass to demonstrate their COVID-19 status.
If you’re aged 18 or over, you can get an NHS COVID Pass for domestic venues and events.
If you’re aged 16 or over you can get an NHS COVID Pass for travel abroad but you should follow the entry requirements of the country you are travelling to.
A full course is currently two doses of the Moderna, AstraZeneca or Pfizer vaccine, or one dose of the Janssen single-dose vaccine. Vaccine status will be available through the NHS COVID Pass service from:
- the NHS App which you can download from app stores
- the NHS website
- 119 - by requesting a paper letter
You will need to register to use the online services, if you have not already. It may take more than a week for your identity to be checked and verified.
If you cannot access the online services, and you have had both doses of the vaccine, you can request a paper letter from the NHS by calling 119. Only call 119 if you are due to travel outside the UK in the near future and have had your second dose (or one dose of the Janssen single-dose vaccine) more than 5 working days ago. It may take up to 5 working days for the letter to arrive.
This practice is not able to provide you with a letter that shows your COVID-19 vaccination status. Please do not contact the practice about your COVID-19 vaccination status unless you have been advised to by the 119 service.
When you're planning your travel, you should check the latest information on demonstrating your COVID-19 status when travelling abroad on the gov.uk website. Make sure there is enough time to get proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status before you are due to travel.
NHSApp - COVID Booster
Please be aware that the COVID vaccination boosters are now available in the NHSApp.
If you need any further information, please see this page: https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-app/
If you notice any issues with any of the COVID vaccinations in the NHSapp, please contact 119 for assistance.
As we begin to give out our seasonal flu vaccinations, we would encourage our patients to understand the following:
We are very pleased to announce that you now have the ability to choose where you wish to have your flu vaccination!
- Please be aware that neither option is a walk-in clinic, therefore when you receive a link via text message, please follow the instructions to book your appointment.
- Due to limited parking spaces here at Rowden, please walk or use public transport where possible.
- We will use a one-way system through the surgery to ensure that patients are seen to quickly and efficiently, and members of staff will guide you to an available vaccinator.
- If needed, please ensure you bring walking aids.
- Do not attend if you have any COVID symptoms, such as a persistant cough, fever, lost of taste or smell.
- Please wear weather appropriate clothing as you may need to wait outside for a few minutes due to occasional small queues.
Refer to the link below for more information and we hope to see you soon!
"Modern general practice with traditional values"
The practice was established in 1830 at the Corner House in the Market Place in Chippenham and nearly 200 years later eight partners and four salaried GPs work from the purpose-built premises forming Rowden Surgery.
We look after over 16900 patients within our catchment area and we pride ourselves on our doctor/patient relationships and inclusivity. We have fought very hard to maintain our Personal List system. This means that every patient and family, has a named doctor from the moment of their registration who is responsible for co-ordinating their care. We believe that continuity of a doctor is key to good practice and delivering a high quality personal consultation remains the cornerstone of our care.
Rowden Surgery lies adjacent to Chippenham Community Hospital and provides an attractive and effective environment for patients and staff. All facilities for our patients are at ground level with easy access including a disability friendly car park.