Rowden Surgery are unable to book any more COVID vaccination booster appointments due to limited vaccine supply issues. Please call 119 to book an appointment at an alternative location through the NHS booking service. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
We are experiencing very high volume of calls and we want our lines to be as free as possible for urgent medical requests.
Patients are being contacted following national guidelines for boosters and we cannot offer an appointment before 6 months after your 2nd COVID vaccination.
We hope this helps, and stay safe.
How do I get my jab?
All appointments for first vaccinations are now booked through the national booking service, we are unable to take/make any bookings directly.
You can call 119 or Book or manage your coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination - NHS (www.nhs.uk)
Please do not call the practice to book as we do not have access to the National booking service.
If we phone you we will also ask some questions about your health and COVID-19 status and book you in.
We currently do not have any Flu vaccination appointment available to book. Please bear with us, we will let our eligible patients know when we have more appointments available.
As we begin to give out our seasonal flu vaccinations, we would encourage our patients to understand the following:
- We are very pleased to announce that you now have the ability to choose where you wish to have your flu vaccination!
- We are working together with Hathaway Surgery this year to make it as easy as possible to attend for your vaccine. You will receive an invitation from us that will allow you to directly book straight into a walk through clinic at Rowden, or you can contact Hathaway Surgery on 01249 462775 hosted drive-through located at Abbeyfield School (Stanley Lane, Chippenham, SN15 3XB).
- Please be aware that neither option is a walk-in clinic, therefore when you receive a link via text message, please follow the instructions to book your appointment.
- Due to limited parking spaces here at Rowden, please walk or use public transport where possible.
- EGG ALLERGY WARNING: Please attend the Rowden Surgery clinic if you have an allergy to eggs, as our vaccinations are cell based rather than egg based.
- We will use a one-way system through the surgery to ensure that patients are seen to quickly and efficiently, and members of staff will guide you to an available vaccinator.
- If needed, please ensure you bring walking aids.
- Do not attend if you have any COVID symptoms, such as a persistant cough, fever, lost of taste or smell.
- Please wear weather appropriate clothing as you may need to wait outside for a few minutes due to occasional small queues.
Refer to the link below for more information and we hope to see you soon!
National Data and opting out
NHS Digital is changing how they collect patient data.
The data held in the GP medical records of patients is used every day to support health and care planning and research in England, helping to find better treatments and improve patient outcomes for everyone.
Patient data collected from general practice is needed to support a wide variety of research and analysis to help run and improve health and care services. Whilst the data collected in other care settings such as hospitals is valuable in understanding and improving specific services, it is the patient data in general practice that helps us to understand whether the health and care system as a whole is working for patients.
This data will be shared from 1 September 2021. Please be aware that this collection of information has been cancelled until further notice.
Data may be shared from the GP medical records about:
- any living patient registered at a GP practice in England when the collection started - this includes children and adults
- any patient who died after 1 September 2021, and was previously registered at a GP practice in England when the data collection started
NHS Digital will not collect patients’ names or addresses. Any other data that could directly identify patients (such as NHS Number, date of birth, full postcode) is replaced with unique codes which are produced by de-identification software before the data is shared with NHS Digital.
More information is available on the NHS Digital Website: General Practice Data for Planning and Research (GPDPR) - NHS Digital
If you don’t want your identifiable patient data to be shared for purposes except for your own care, you can opt-out by registering a Type 1 Opt-out or a National Data Opt-out, or both. These opt-outs are different and they are explained in more detail below. Your individual care will not be affected if you opt-out using either option. You can also send an email into Rowden.email@example.com with details of name, nhs number, address and context. the opt out must be completed per patient.
We can only action the Type 1 Opt outs and cannot action national opt outs. We do not manage this service and are unable to answer questions, more information is available directly from NHS Digital: General Practice Data for Planning and Research (GPDPR) - NHS Digital
Please be aware that this collection of information has been cancelled until further notice. We will update this website once we have further guidance.
"Modern general practice with traditional values"
The practice was established in 1830 at the Corner House in the Market Place in Chippenham and nearly 200 years later eight partners and four salaried GPs work from the purpose-built premises forming Rowden Surgery.
We look after over 16900 patients within our catchment area and we pride ourselves on our doctor/patient relationships and inclusivity. We have fought very hard to maintain our Personal List system. This means that every patient and family, has a named doctor from the moment of their registration who is responsible for co-ordinating their care. We believe that continuity of a doctor is key to good practice and delivering a high quality personal consultation remains the cornerstone of our care.
Rowden Surgery lies adjacent to Chippenham Community Hospital and provides an attractive and effective environment for patients and staff. All facilities for our patients are at ground level with easy access including a disability friendly car park.