Your username for SystmOnline will always be your First name, Surname & Date of Birth. On some occasions, it may add 3 additional characters to the end of your username (see 2nd example)
When you registered for SystmOnline, you should have received a verification email. Please follow the link in this email as it will allow you to reset your own password without needing to contact the practice. This can be done using the "I've Forgotten My Password" option. If you cannot login, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for assistance. A member of staff will get back to you as soon as possible.
1. Why can't I reset my own password?
The verification email may not have been completed successfully, therefore we would need to send this to you again for you to be able to reset your password.
2. How can I book nurse appointments using SystmOnline?
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer appointments for our nurses online. We are only able to offer appointments with your registered GP at this time. This may change in the near future.
If you have any questions about SystmOnline, please email email@example.com.
3. Why does it not accept my password when I've logged in before?
There can be a number of reasons, the most common issue is that when you setup a password on SystmOnline for the first time, passwords are case sensitive and the "other character" has been missed off. (Highlighted below)
Here are the requirements for setting up a password on SystmOnline:
- be at least 8 characters long
- contain at least one letter (a-z)
- contain at least one numeric character (0-9)
- contain at least one other character (e.g. !"£$%).
4. What does "Needs reviewing by GP or Nurse" mean when I cannot order my medication?
This means that you have run out of repeats for this medication and that the GP needs to authorise more. Please be aware that if you cannot tick certain items, you can use the "Medication Request Notes" box at the bottom of the medication list to ask for these repeat medications. You can also use this box for any medication queries or marking the request as urgent.
5. The verification email does not seem to work, can you tell me why this has happened?
Most often it is because it hasn't been completed within 7 days of the email being sent, you can request another verification email by contacting the practice via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
6. I cannot access SystmOnline but I need to order my medication urgently, how can I do this?
If you email email@example.com we can deal with your medication request and SystmOnline login query at the same time.
7. If I am not sure about my password being correct, how many attempts do I have before I am locked out?
You have up to 5 attempts before your account become disabled. Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to ask us to reactivate your account if you have not been able to reset your own password.
8. SystmOnline looks different, how do I order medication now?
There has been an computer update to SystmOnline from the 9th December. Please use the left hand side menu (once logged in) to see the new options available. To order your prescription, please see the link below for screenshots demonstrating how to ordering medication.
9. I have been typing a message on SystmOnline but it seems to have timed out. How long do I have before I get asked to log back in?
There is a 10 minute limit for security reasons as this directly links into your records. This may change in the near future.